2/4/19 Chronicles

Friends' blogs


Latest Post - This Week

  Monday 1/28/19

New flowers in our living room

I tried to sleep last night (early this morning), but I was in too much pain. My right arm, shoulder and neck were hurting a lot. I had Aleve, and a muscle relaxer, and I used Ben Gay. Finally, I took a hot shower. It still took quite a while for me to get to sleep. It was after 4am.  Today I'm still feeling pretty sore.

I guess putting back so much of the Christmas decorations is what did it. I was on the computer a lot, too.Beautiful tulips, too

It was supposed to rain today, but there's no rain in sight. It got up to the 60's in the afternoon, and then it got dark, like it was going to rain. I think it only sprinkled a little bit.

The alarm went off at 10, but I reset it for 11. I made breakfast -  bacon, 2 eggs and some GF cinnamon toast with butter. I saved the bacon fat for later and made enough bacon so I could make a BLT for David's lunch.Brandy looking excited to be home!

David brought Brandy home about noon.  Unfortunately, we had to put her in the bedroom right away, which she wasn't too happy about. He took me to school. I got a soda at Reynolds before my class.

One of the sororities was selling bracelets that say "Brenna Strong" for $3 apiece.Girls selling bracelets This is to raise money to help Brenna and her family pay her medical expenses. I gave them $20 and just took one bracelet. They also had people write notes for her, so I did. She was in my Mass Comm classes last year. Very nice woman, very talented. She had just started grad school this past semester before she got into a horrible car accident.

I went to class a little bit early. Those of us who got there early had a fun little chat about food, dieting, and class projects. The class got out about 2:15.

Chick-Fil-A foodI had been sneezing a bit, again, and it hurt my spine even more. I was in a lot of pain.

I went to Chick-Fil-A after that, for lunch. I wasn't all that hungry, but IQuantum Rehab forced myself to eat.  Then I went to the library for a while. David took me to another physical therapy appointment around 4. It was fine. Then he picked me up about 5:25.

When we got home, it was too dark to take Brandy for a walk, and it was sprinkling, anyway.  She was very hyper. She actually peed on the floor, she was so excited to see us. Oops! Brandy chewing on her hamburger toy

I have to give a speech next week on a famous speaker, so I asked my friends who their favorite speaker is. I got some interesting answers!

After I got undressed, my back felt better, but it started hurting again later. I'm very tired and will go to bed early.

I went to bed about 9:30! I can't believe January is almost over...

Apropos of nothing, sometimes I wish Facebook had a confused face emoji, and a vomit emoji.

  Tuesday 1/29/19

I woke up about 9am. I didn't want to get out of bed because it was so cold. It's 27 this morning. That's way too cold! I didn't feel like walking Brandy. I will do it later, when it's warmer and I'm more awake. Although... it's not supposed to get higher than 41...  weather todayThe whole country is having cold temperatures. Even Hawaii! Cold for them, anyway. It got down to the low 60's there.

I am very behind on this week's blog! I have some good excuses. I've been in a lot of pain, and also way busier than usual.

Trisha picked me up for school, but I forgot to get a check to pay her. I was going to get money from the ATM in Reynolds, but it wasn't working. It almost ate my card! I had to press cancel and eventually, it let it go. Very annoying.  I called David to see if he was around, to get a check from him, but he was in a meeting, so he couldn't answer.  Trisha took me back home so I could get a check.

I had lunch with the ladies there as usual. I ended up hanging out there in Reynolds for over an hour. I was working on my laptop.  I didn't feel like going over to the library.

Thursday we have our blog assignment due, where we review a new TV show.  Gee, that's a tough one for me! winky face  Seriously, the only trouble was deciding which show to do, and how to turn it into a class review when I've already reviewed it on my own site.  Well, the reviews on my site are very short and not really in-depth, because I have so many to do. So, for class, I just did a show that I'd already done, but I rewrote it (trying hard not to use the same exact words) and expanded it quite a bit.  Also, for class assignments, we're supposed to have lots of photos and links, so I had to add those as well. I actually researched it quite a bit more as well. I did thatBrandy tonight because I wanted to have it done. I have a lot going on this week. I wrote a lot of it in class, during our speech class today.  I would have done "Dietland" if it hadn't been canceled... sad face I loved that show.

I had some time after class, so I went over to the Chick-Fil-A and had more food. Bad idea because it probably makes me sick (from gluten cross-contamination).

carved wooden face decorationTuesday night I put the rest of the Christmas decorations away, so that was great. However, I woke up again and couldn't get back to sleep because I was in so much pain. Physically moving things like that hurts my back/shoulder/neck (spine). Next year I'm getting someone to do it for me, FOR SURE1

Brandy has been drooling a lot today, so we were worried about her and considered taking her to the vet tomorrow. She seemed much better the nexttortilla warmers day, though, so we didn't.

I bought this carved wooden face online for my wall....we had a big blank space above the cabinets in the living room, so I wanted to put more things up there.

I also bought these tortilla warmers, which are very pretty. They help you keep the tortillas warm in the microwave.  We're having company, and I'm serving fajitas, so that's why I got them.

  Wednesday 1/30/19

I fell way behind this week on the blogging because I had so much to do. Then I forgot where I left off and did the next week to catch up. ARGH!

I took today off from my class because I have so much to do. Yolanda came to clean about 9 and stayed until 2pm. She always does a great job. I had to chain up Brandy while I was gone, so Yolanda could clean back in the bedroom and master bathroom.

Quantum rehabI had physical therapy again (for my two fingers that I injured) at 10am, so David took me over there and then picked me up after.  Trisha picked me up around noon, and we went to the Square. I wanted to go into the antiques and collectibles store, Deeane & Marie's Hitchin' Post. They have a large store with a TON of things. I've been looking for more wall decor in this one area of the living room (up above our cabinets).

Here are some new items I picked up.


I have ONE thing there right now, and it looks a little bare. I found a few other things, so it workedBrandy on leash out OK.  Trisha and I had fun looking around. There was this one type of decorative thing, with flowers, and it came with two in a set, exactly alike. I only wanted one, so I gave the other one to Trisha.

We stopped at McDonald's on the way home, and then she left. I went May Godzilla Destroy This Home Lastback into the back bedroom with Brandy for a while.  After Yolanda left, I took Brandy for her walk. Then I had a nap for awhile.

I bought this online...it's actually a dish towel, but I'm using it as a wall hanging in my laundry room. I think it's cute!

I spent some of the time putting things back, later on. Normally I procrastinate a lot with that, but we're having company on Saturday, so I have to make sure things are back where they're supposed to be and lookingThai chicken dinner, I think? nice. Also, I have to keep the house clean between now and Saturday, which might take some doing! We are messy....especially Brandy.

I had this Thai chicken dinner at some point...

I think I went to bed pretty early. I was very tired.

  Thursday 1/31/19

I had phyical therapy at 9am. Too early in the day! We set up the dates and times for next week's PT.  I'm always so glad when it's over because it's boring and painful. Also, I kept falling asleep today. Oh, and it's always freezing in there.  The people are very nice there, though. I usually get a different therapist every time. I always have to delicious chocolateremind them to let me put on the latex glove first, so the hot wax won't burn my hand (I guess my skin is more sensitive than other people's). And then I usually like to sit over by the window because it's a nice view, plus that way I don't have to listen to whatever's blaring from their TV (usually FOX news).  They haveChick Fil A salad a candy jar, so of course I love getting a Jolly Rancher or something out of there.  They're also selling World's Finest chocolates to benefit something or other. They have these yummy chocolate-caramel ones that are GF and delicious.

After PT, David took me in to school. I had a little time to eat and chat with the ladies during their lunch. I was very hungry because I skipped breakfast. I had more food later on, after my classes, at Chick-Fil-A. I wasn't feeling well all day, probably because of accidental gluten istudent made vasengestion.

Despite all that, I had a really excellent voice lesson. I don't know why, but I was singing very well for a change. The allergies were not blocking me, either.

I took a few minutes to take photos of many of the student art pieces in the building...always great to see!

My blog class went well. We just have to talk about our blog posts, and then the professor looks them over later. I did mine on a new miniseries called "I Am the Night" on TNT. I haven't finished watching it, but it's a pretty good series.  Other people did their reviews on "The Masked Singer," some British show called "Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away," "Black Earth Rising" and some other shows. Some did theirs on older shows or on comedians with standup specials. It was quite interesting.new little air plants

I bought some more air plants...they're very tiny! Hopefully these won't die. I have one big one that's done very well for a few years now, but I killed a few others. Hopefully these will do well.  These are great because they don't need too much water. Just a few sprinkles of water, occasionally.

After walking Brandy and taking a nap, I spent more time putting things away.

We went out to eat at the Japanese restaurant, and then David took me to Brookshire's for a few things.

I submitted Brandy's photo for this contest. Sadly, she didn't win. I guess you can submit over and over...? I don't have the time for that...

I didn't realize, until I saw it on my cousin's feed, that my grandma's birthday was January 21. I posted this on Facebook, with some photos: Here's my Grandma, Berenice McGlone. Her birthday was Jan. 21, 1897. She passed away in 98 at age 101. She was involved with DAR and other groups. I only met her a few times, but she was very nice. We used to write letters to each other, too. Find a Grave

  Friday 2/1/19

BrandyI can't believe it's Friday already!

I have no classes on Fridays, thank goodness; and I had no PT, either.orchid

David picked up my prescriptions at the pharmacy... later on, he took me to Wal-Mart to get a few more last-minute things.  I got this beautiful orchid plant.  We stopped at Wendy's afterwards for food.

I was sick a lot today from gluten. UGH. I need to stop eating out, especially at Chick-Fil-A. my salsa

I made a pound cake...I had tried to make it GF before, but it wasn't very good. The real one came out good, though. I made salsa, too. I did a lot of chopping as well. More tomorrow!No longer bare wall

I spent a lot of time today getting the house ready for our dinner tomorrow, and planning on things. I made some of the food ahead of time.

David helped me put these up. They look nicer now.

I stayed up a lot later than I wanted to.

I was listening to some of the songs online from my karaoke friends. I had posted a song I did in live karaoke a while back, so I read some of the comments. One man, who's in his 60's, and he sings really well, said he'd be afraid to go to live karaoke at his age because he fears he would "look ridiculous". I can't believe that!  That's not very old, and it's karaoke - just for fun. No one cares how old you are, what you look like, or even what you sing like.  What a shame that he feels that way.

  Saturday 2/2/19

I got up pretty early so I could do more things to prepare for our dinner guests.

I had a long list of things to get done, and I got most of them done. David helped out. We had to put the decorative things up that I bought.  He swept the patios for me and helped set the table. I had to marinate the meat and do more chopping.

Our dinner guests were Helmut and Beth. He's the Dean of the College of Performing Arts and Humanities, and she's his wife, but also our financial advisor and of course friends.  Her son is also in my classes! It's such a small town...

I put out tortillas chips from Whole Foods. They were unsalted (which I didn't realize at the time), but I warmed them up in the microwave and added salt, so you couldn't tell the difference. I put them out with the homemade salsa and guacamole, as well as some spicy Greek olives that I got from Whole Foods. The olives were way too spicy, for me, but they all seemed to like them, so that's good. We had choice of wine, beer and fresh lemonade that I made.appetizers, chips and salsa, and guacomole

I had set our big table in the formal dining room with our "good" tableware, the Corningware plates I got a while back, and the flatware I bought and use just for company. Oh, recently, I also had bought some new wine glasses. I kept breaking ours when I washed them, so I got some from Amazon that are nearly unbreakable.  I also put out glasses of water. We had a nice time, chatting first in the living room, and then at the table.  Then, after dessert, we went back to the living room. David wondered if we should go in the sun room, but honestly, I don't think the chairs in there are all that comfortable. Also, the tables are pretty small. If it were brunch or something, that would be pretty, but at night, you can't see much out there, anyway.

I had marinated both sliced chicken and steak, and then I pan-fried it up, with some sliced onions, and green and red bell peppers. I used two different recipes, but they were similar. I think the chicken one tasted way better, though. I will use a different steak recipe next time I cook fajitas. I had put the meat in the oven to keep warm, as well as tortillas. I bought these new tortilla warmers. You can use them to heat the tortillas in the microwave, or, as I did here, keep the tortillas warm. They're very pretty as well as functional. I also served, along with the aforementioned salsa and guacamole, sour cream and shredded cheese.

Usually if I make fajitas, I just throw stuff together, but I wanted to try a recipe for a change... not sure it was any better.

BrandyFor dessert, I had sliced up the pound cake, and they had choice of sweetened strawberries or blueberries, plus Hershey's chocolate syrup and whipped cream. I didn't have the cake, because it's not GF, but the rest was good. I think it all went pretty well. I felt that the meat was a little overcooked, but with all the other stuff that goes on it, it was hard to tell. I tried really hard not to overcook it, but it's hard, especially sitting in the oven for a while.

Anyway, it went great, but I was very tired, especially after dessert. We were all chatting well into the evening, though, so it was fun. I got my second wind and woke up again.  They helped me clean up a little, but aside from putting stuff back in the fridge, I didn't do too much after that.

Happy Groundhog Day!

  Sunday 2/3/19

I had a good, restful sleep. We went to Java Primo for lunch, as always. I was eating the fajitas for leftovers for a few days. They made yummy leftovers. We didn't go tosomeone who won the grocery store like we usually do, since we had already gone during the week. I caught up on work on my site and did a little straightening up. I didn't do the dishes until, I think, Thursday!

It was Super Bowl Sunday, but neither of us cared...

It was cool and rainy in the evening.

Sorry this is so brief.

I disabled the comments because of spam, but please do Contact me if you have a comment about the blog!

This page updated 5/16/19

[an error occurred while processing this directive] Save the Internet: Click here

Home Older Chronicles 1/7/19 Chronicles 1/14/19 Chronicles 1/21/19 Chronicles 1/28/19 Chronicles 2/4/19 Chronicles 2/11/19 Chronicles 2/18/19 Chronicles 2/25/19 Chronicles 3/4/19 Chronicles 3/11/19 Chronicles 3/18/19 Chronicles 3/25/19 Chronicles 4/1/19 Chronicles 4/8/19 Chronicles 4/15/19 Chronicles 4/22/19 Chronicles 4/29/19 Chronicles 5/6/19 Chronicles 5/13/19 Chronicles 5/20/19 Chronicles 5/27/19 Chronicles 6/3/19 Chronicles 6/10/19 Chronicles 6/17/19 Chronicles 6/24/19 Chronicles 7/1/19 Chronicles 7/8/19 Chronicles 7/15/19 Chronicles 7/22/19 Chronicles