11/19/18 Chronicles

Friends' blogs


Latest Post - This Week

  Monday 11/12/18

Joe MortonI'm supposed to interview Joe Morton this week (or next), so I can't wait! He's awesome. (Update: we had to postpone the interview, darn it!)

I didn't wake up until noon. Too late! It was pretty cold, too.

I had this Atkins dinner for lunch...it was pretty good! Seems GF, too.

I got a catalog in the mail from Dean & DeLuca, a gourmet store in New York. Their prices are too high, but I love looking at the yummy things in their catalog. Anyway, they have a black forest cake, which is my favorite. I was thinking, "Oh, I miss that, too bad I can't eat it" and then I saw that it was gluten-free! I was so happy! But it's $80, so I got the idea to look elsewhere online. I found one for only $46. (I know, that's a lot for a cake!) Maybe I'll order it for my birthday...we'll see. I also found some good recipes for GF black forest cakes. Or at least, they are close approximations. With a recipe, I can adjust it to also make it low carb.Our official photo for our cards this year

The photographer who took our photos last week fixed the one I wanted, so we look a little better. It's way cool! He did a nice job. I ordered our holiday cards, and they should come next week. I was going to order from Walgreen's, but they were way too expensive. I went with Vista Print because they were the cheapest I could find. I really don't like orderingrainy weather outside our front door from them again, but I didn't want to spend a ton of money, either. I used them years ago for business cards, and they gave my name and credit card information to some other company, and it was a huge deal to have to get that back. They also spammed me for a long while, and that was further hassle to undo. I don't mean just regular spam, but they did it via email, regular mail, and the phone! I hope they're a little less annoying now.

Me with Stan Lee!I couldn't walk Brandy today because it was raining all day! Darn.  I really need the exercise. I took a shower and did the laundry, and I did a few other household chores...

Aw, sad that Stan Lee died. I'm glad I finally got to meet him, get his autograph, and have my photo taken with me, as well as hear part of his talk at the convention I went to in 2015 in Honolulu.  Sure, he had a nice long life, and it was an amazing one, but it's still sad because we all love and admire him so much.


This week's new flowerslast week's flowers

I've been buying live flowers at Wal-Mart all Fall...I put the new ones in my nice vase in the living room. I put the previous week's flowers in a smaller vase on my table in the kitchen.  They come with this stuff called Floralife that is flower food and makes them last longer. These flowers last over a week and sometimes 2. It's amazing! So I bought some packets of this stuff on Amazon, so I can use it for the previous week's flowers as well.

I posted this on Facebook: I understand that people get upset about what's going on Brandy is sad that she can't take a walk!in the world, but I really don't understand people who stop being friends with people they know in real life, or relatives, who don't agree with them on politics, etc. It's very sad.......As long as the people are kind to you, and are not jerks, and they're not posting horrible stuff online, then who cares what their views are? I have friends of all types, some going back 40-50 years. I would not unfriend them unless they were being rude or mean to me...or if they posted really awful stuff (which they don't). It amazes me when people choose politics over family or good friends. Yes, you can be friends with people who don't agree with you on everything!   (Interestingly enough, some people disagreed with this because they didn't read carefully enough, especially the part about "posting horrible stuff online.") Now, on the one hand, you might, say it's easy for me to say this because I'm white and straight. I don't have to worry that someone I know is bigoted against me or voting for someone who is passing laws that may affect my life. Well, that's not entirely true. People sure seem to forget how much sexism there is out in the world. We live with that every day.bacon cheeseburger Now, if I refused to be friends with every person who had ever said something sexist, or supported sexism, or laughed at a sexist joke, or voted for a candidate that passed sexist laws...I probably wouldn't have many friends left!

On that note, here's a fairly funny video about getting through the holidays with your family and avoiding talking about politics!

I did my work for class tonight, too. Here's my latest blog post. I made bacon cheeseburgers for us, for dinner. Nothing much else going on. It's cold. I went to bed about 12:30. I had trouble getting to sleep, though, thanks to allergies.

  Tuesday 11/13/18

The alarm went off at 8 am, and I got out of bed 5 minutes later. I didn't feel like having breakfast. It's pretty cold today, so I dressed very warmly. The low today was 29.flurries (the white blobs)

I went out to get the mail, and I was annoyed because it seemed drizzly.  It kind of looked like snow when it was falling, but not really, so I dismissed that idea. Turns out, I was right! It was flurries! Apparently there was real snow earlier, but it didn't stick. Not quite cold enough. If only it had been 10 degrees colder,weather on my phone school might have been canceled! :)

The funny thing is, my phone app says it's 33 degrees and cloudy, 0% precipitation...!!

I bundled up to go to SAU...I had on a short sleeve shirt, and I put a long-sleeved shirt on over it. I wore my jeans, and then I Caramel Macchiatoput on my big winter coat, scarf, hat and gloves. It was very cold! I had coffee, too, first at Java City in Reynolds, and then later at home. I needed it.

I've been having a bit of heartburn recently, so I've been taking Pepcid because coffee always upsets my stomach, among other things...

My classes were fine, aside from being too cold walking between buildings. I spent some time after lunch warming up my voice. I said hi to my voice teacher and chatted All dressed up for the cold!with him for a minute. He was out of town last week.

I was confused because it looked like next Tuesday was also a holiday, but then if you read the fine print on the SAU calendar, it says Tuesday, 9pm.

After I got home, I took Brandy for a walk. About 3 hours later, I took her for another one. We both need the exercise!

I'm hoping we can go to Shreveport for Thanksgiving...we have reservations, but David isn't sure that he'll have time to go because of some work stuff he has to get done. I hope we can go!  Plus, I really want to go to the Whole Foods there as well.

I meant to go by the podiatrist's office today to pick up some exercises for my foot, but I forgot. On the bright side, my foot is feeling much better now that I've got new shoes.

I've been annoyed all week at DISH Network. They're having a tough time, so they're renegotiating with various networks. They're at an impasse with AT&T, which owns HBO and Cinemax now.  So we don't have HBO any more. (At least DISH is not charging us during this period.) I went ahead and paid the monthly fee to get HBO via Amazon. We were trying to watch our shows on the ROKU, on Amazon, but then it stopped working. The most recent shows weren't showing up. I went on HBO's Facebook page, though, and they helped me. I just go on HBONOW on the ROKU and sign in with my Amazon password, and it works. Still, annoying....

Then today I found out that DISH no longer has El Rey and a bunch of other Latino channels (it's the only one I watch). I was recording Stargate: SG1 and Stargate: Atlantis on that channel. Fortunately, Amazon Prime has both shows, so now I'm watching on the ROKU.  The thing is, though, I'd rather have them on my TV DVR because sometimes the ROKU doesn't work that well.

The only trouble with having the heat on all the time is how dry it gets. I've been drinking a ton of water and using Chapstick.

I made a new to-do list for this week, so I hope I can get some stuff done! Planning holiday stuff helps me a lot.

Maurice Benard's son, Joshua, who played him as a boyI was watching "General Hospital" today because they had a special show where Sonny imagines what his life would have been like if he hadn't shot someone back when he was a kid (which led to his mob life). Normally I don't watch the current shows because I'm a few years behind, but I wanted to check this out. They did a good job with it. There were only 2 problems I had with it. 1) I don't buy the idea that Sonny's oldest son, Dante, would have been a mobster instead of a cop, had Sonny become a cop and stuck around as his dad.  People with 2 loving parents don't just decide to be bad or commit crimes. They do it when they have a horrible childhood or are treated very badly and don't have good role models, or if they're very poor and desperate for money, or maybe if they have some sort of brain damage. In other words, if they feel like there is no other option.  With good cop Sonny as his dad and Olivia as his mom, there's no way he would become a bad guy. That's just dumb.  But that is the writing on soaps sometimes.  2) They said it was in the 1980's that Sonny was a kid and shot the guy.  Um, we saw Maurice Benard (Sonny) on "All My Children" in the late 80's. There's no way he was that young, even if it was 1980. He's only 2 years younger than me! He certainly doesn't look old enough to have fathered Dante. But they always play those silly games with the actors' ages.  Otherwise it was good, and the acting was fantastic. I loved seeing Dante back again.Cheesecake

I'm going to try to go to bed early tonight because I'm very tired.

No such luck. I tried, but I just couldn't get to sleep. I got up and did some of the stuff on my to-do list. First I did some stuff on my site. Then I cleaned up the kitchen and did the dishes. Then I made more egg salad (without the onion powder this time), and a GF low-carb pumpkin cheesecake. Here's the recipe I made, but I used GF gingersnaps and Splenda instead of sugar. It was very good! I had some before it even cooled off. I went to bed after that, about 4:30am.

  Wednesday 11/14/18

I slept in a bit, and then I went to walk Brandy. It's very cold today and supposed to get even colder later tonight.

Brandy jumped up on my chairI tried to get through a lot of my to-do list and did pretty well. It was a fairly productive day. Plus, Brandy and I walked twice again.

The second time it was considerably colder. Brrr! I still get hot flashes, which is just ridiculous when it's that cold. I have the heat on and then I get a hot flash and go outside to stand in the freezing cold, so I can cool off. It's crazy.yummy chicken

I took a little bit of a nap because I was tired...

I made this chicken dish that our friend Kathy gave me. We both like it, and it's pretty easy. I made salads, too. It was a pretty good dinner.

The past few days, my muscles in the back of my skull, and behind my ears, and then running down to my spine, have been very tight and painful. Way more than usual. I think it may be due to having coffee the past few days, so I'm cutting that out from now. Too bad, I do like it when it's so cold and I'm tired. Back to hot chocolate for me.  Also, having such a tight neck area is very bad for singing.

Trisha is going to come over on Friday to help me with some stuff...she's going to give me a ride to the nursery and some other places, and also help me with repotting some of my plants. She loves plants, so she's happy to help with that.  The Clawsons are coming over next week to make the lawn look nice again.  They're going to trim our hedges, too, which really need it. I also need to get someone here to fix our water heater. The one that we use for the laundry and dishes is not working again. SIGH.

I worked on my blog for tomorrow's class. We had to give our opinion on a national issue.

I was a little sick before going to bed, from something I ate. I haven't been eating out, so it's probably from the egg salad I made...maybe the onion powder was not GF like I thought. I truly don't remember what I tested, in my cupboard, with my gluten tester. I guess I should have written it down. Getting old sucks. I can't remember these things!

I went to bed about 1 and had trouble getting to sleep. My neck was hurting a lot, even though I took pain and muscle relaxer pills for it, and put Ben Gay on as well.  Then Brandy was whining for some reason...I took her outside and then back to the bedroom. She was in an antsy, playful mood, but she finally calmed down.

  Thursday 11/15/18

It's hard to believe that we're halfway through November already and 2018 is almost over! I'm not ready! ACK!

I got up at 8. I was SO tired, but I forced myself to get up and get ready. I had my shower the night before so I could sleep in a little bit. I didn't eat breakfast, either.

I was sneezing my head off this morning. UGH.  It was 31 degrees when I left for SAU. wearing my new Iron Fist T shirtToo cold!

After my morning class, I was sick again. Darn it! Hopefully it's just from eating the last of the old egg salad.

I only had a short time for lunch... We found out that the Java City people are discontinuing the sugar free chocolate syrup. Darn it!!!

I went over to the music building to warm up for my voice lesson, but I was very congested. I had to take some cough drops.  My voice lesson went OK, despite that. My other class went fine, too. Afterwards, I wentDavid's office over to Chick-Fil-A to get a sugar-free lemonade, and then I went back to David's office to wait. He had a meeting until 3.  It was 55 degrees out! That's quite a difference. I'm not complaining.

After I got home, I took Brandy for a walk. I didn't even bother taking my jacket, let alone my hat, scarf and gloves. I just had on a long sleeved shirt, with a T-shirt underneath, and the jeans I wore today. It was fine, not chilly at all.

edamameI was a little tired later on, so I tried to take a nap, but it didn't work.

David came back about 6, so we went to Tokyo. He had sushi and I had edamame, as usual. And wine!

Brandy got her new BarkBox today, so she was happy to have a new toy to play with! Brandy with a new toy!

I put the laundry away yesterday. Today I started new laundry. It truly never ends!

Wow, apparently the San Diego Padres have a new farm team in Amarillo called the Sod Poodles! LOL! OK, then.

I stayed up too late and my neck was hurting a lot. Trisha is supposed to come by tomorrow to help me run some errands and help me repot my plants, so I wanted to clean up the house a bit.

  Friday 11/16/18

I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night, so I texted Trisha not to come. I needed magnets on the fridge with many Thanksgiving magnets!sleep.  But I got up way too late.

I had to walk Brandy because she sure was ready!

I put up all of my Thanksgiving decorations (not that there's TOO many).

I've been still getting sick, but I'm not sure what I'm eating that's doing it.

I made an open-faced bacon cheeseburger for lunch. It was great! I cooked up all the bacon and used the rest later on to make dinner for David.

To be honest, the day was a bit of a blur. I went to bed really early, around 9pm.

  Saturday 11/17/18

Brandy woke us up whining quite a few times this morning. I don't know what was going on with her! Also, my stomach was upset again.

Despite Brandy waking us up, I had 12 hours' sleep. I woke up at 9am. I had tocamelias in our yard straighten up the house because a woman came by to examine David for insurance purposes (they did the same thing for me last year).  She wasn't here very long. Brandy and I hung out in the bedroom while they were in the smaller dining area near the kitchen.

Then David and I went to Flying Burger. I wasn't hungry, so I just had a soda while he ate. I was kind of sick off and on all day, due to whatever I ate.

We stopped at the grocery store briefly to get a few things. I did a lot of work today, plus I walked Brandy twice.

I had a slight scare...I don't know what happened to two of my diabetes pills that I usually take with breakfast. Either I accidentally threw them away, or Brandy ate them. I called the vet, who suggested giving her hydrogen peroxide, but we didn't have any, and David was not around to go get some more. So I just kept an eye on her, and gave her some high-sugar treats. She seemed fine, so maybe she didn't eat fried bolognathem.

I had some fried bologna for lunch.... a childhood staple!

It's been pretty nice weather the past few days, just a little cool at night. No complaints!

I've been feeling very overwhelmed lately, with no time to do everything I need to do. sad face Finals week is coming up, and I'm not ready...

I put most of the Halloween decorations away in their boxes. I will finish tomorrow.

I stayed up until almost 5am. I took a shower first, to make my back feel a little better.

  Sunday 11/18/18

David woke me up around 11. We went to Java Primo and then Wal-Mart becauseCute Christmas sweater in Wal-Mart we're creatures of habit. I just had a soda, so, after the store, he drove me to Wendy's. I went in so I could ask them leave off the bun, and then I forgot to do that! Duh!

Wal-Mart is all decorated now for Christmas...it's too early!

I really wanted to go to the choral concert tonight, but David had some work to do instead. Bummer!

Brandy and I had two walks again today...I'm tired!

I went with David to Antigua's for dinner. Their Mexican food usually makes me sick, so I just ordered a plain steak, no sides. I said, just salt and pepper. Unfortunately, they didn't cook it enough, so I only ate a little bit of it, and some of the tortilla chips. I'll take the rest home and cook it up for lunch tomorrow, or give it to Brandy.

It was chilly today, windy and in the 50's. After dinner, I made myself some hot chocolate and some decaf for David. My to-do list

I went through my to-do list with some things I had to do on my site, as well as dishes, laundry etc. I finally put my Halloween decorations away - woo hoo!

Trisha is coming tomorrow (I won't sleep in this time!) to help me out with plants and things, so I also straightened up the place a bit. I had to finish putting the groceries away. I put out the new flowers and changed vases for the old ones.

I stayed up until about midnight or so...I was very tired.

I disabled the comments because of spam, but please do Contact me if you have a comment about the blog!

This page updated 1/4/19

[an error occurred while processing this directive] Save the Internet: Click here

Home 1/1/18 Chronicles 1/8/18 Chronicles 1/15/18 Chronicles 1/22/18 Chronicles 1/29/18 Chronicles 2/5/18 Chronicles 2/12/18 Chronicles 2/19/18 Chronicles 2/26/18 Chronicles 3/5/18 Chronicles 3/12/18 Chronicles 3/19/18 Chronicles 3/26/18 Chronicles 4/2/18 Chronicles 4/9/18 Chronicles 4/16/18 Chronicles 7/2/18 Chronicles 7/9/18 Chronicles 7/16/18 Chronicles 7/23/18 Chronicles 7/30/18 Chronicles 8/6/18 Chronicles 4/23/18 Chronicles 4/30/18 Chronicles 5/7/18 Chronicles 5/14/18 Chronicles 5/21/18 Chronicles 5/28/18 Chronicles 6/4/18 Chronicles 6/11/18 Chronicles 6/18/18 Chronicles 6/25/18 Chronicles 8/13/18 Chronicles - suzann.com 8/20/18 Chronicles 8/27/18 Chronicles 9/3/18 Chronicles - suzann.com 9/10/18 Chronicles 9/17/18 Chronicles 9/24/18 Chronicles - suzann.com 10/22/18 Chronicles 10/29/18 Chronicles 11/5/18 Chronicles 11/12/18 Chronicles 11/19/18 Chronicles 11/26/18 Chronicles 12/3/18 Chronicles 12/10/18 Chronicles 12/17/18 Chronicles 12/24/18 Chronicles 12/31/18 Chronicles