7/23/18 Chronicles

Friends' blogs


Latest Post - This Week

  Monday 7/16/18

scaleI woke up about 8:15am and then went to walk Brandy. It's still so nice to have her on the harness leash. So easy!  It was a bit warm out, but not too bad.  It's a little cooler in the mornings than in the evenings. It's good to get that walk out of the way. It's supposed to be up to 96 today, but we might get storms tonight that will make it a lot cooler. I hope so! 49% humidity right now. UGH!

I remembered to weigh myself afterwards, for a change (I forgot last week), and I lost another pound or two. Yay! I think I need to eat to live, not live to eat. I've been trying to eat mostly salads and cutting out the snacks. Also, I'm walking twice a day most of the time, of course. I just need to do better about the snacks.

I worked a bit in the morning.  Looks like one of my volunteers accidentally deleted my entire "All My Children" folder. Hopefully Marcos can restore it from the backup. (He did!) These things happen. I've done it myself, in fact. Still, it's irritating, regardless. I'm trying not to let it ruin my day.BarkBox for July

Brandy got her Barkbox today, so that will make her happy.

I was also sick from the regular gluten problem. It's still from what I ate on the weekend, I guess. I'm pretty tired of making myself sick and spending so much time in the bathroom. I suppose it's possible that it was from the chips at the Mexican restaurants, or the ice cream I had yesterday, so I should give The Flying Burger another chance, just in case. Perhaps sometimes I will. Not this week! I'm going to be super careful this week.

I put the laundry away, so that was an accomplishment for the day!

tuna saladI got very sleepy around 4pm, but when I tried to take a nap, I couldn't sleep.

I had another salad for lunch. I ran out of blue cheese and didn't want to have to eat plain oil and vinegar yet (which is healthier but not as tasty), so I took some mayo and made my own creamy dressing. I added in some mustard, garlic powder, onion salt, pepper, paprika and Italian seasoning. It wasn't bad. I always put in the Starkist Tuna Creations Ranch flavor for my salad. Sometimes I add spicy pumpkin seeds or otherhomemade ice cream with chocolate sauce nuts.

I had some of my sugar free vanilla ice cream, with homemade sugar free chocolate sauce and whipped cream. Yummy!

San Diego Comic-Con starts this week. It always makes me sad that I can't go. As you may recall, my three older brothers were on the original SDCC committee. My mom helped type up the first program back in 69 or 70. I used to get regularly back in the 70's and 80's.  The last time I went was in 1998. This was just before it started getting all of the big Hollywood stars and became so big. It was big enough then, to me! It had already moved over to the convention center for a long time, and it was very crowded. I can't even imagine how it is now. Still, I wish I could go. I could get in free if I went, too. I have many connections. I have 5 people who take lots of photos there for my site and write articles. Two of them have press passes because of my site.  My brother and his wife get in free and have lifetime passes.  My brother-in-law John and many others I know work at SDCC every year. Our good friend Martin runs the masquerade.  So the upshot is that every year, I get to hear all about Comic-Con from my friends and relatives (just about everyone I know goes) as well as from TV PR people I know, and almost everyone on social media. They even have jokes about it on TV shows, such as "The Big Bang Theory." Woe is me. The problem is that David only has so many days off per year, so we tend to use them for other trips. He's not a geek like the rest of us, so he doesn't care about going to Comic-Con. He would rather go to San Diego when the San Diego Padres are in town. I sure would love to go next year, which is the 50th.

Then a week later, the same thing happens, on a much smaller scale, when they have the General Hospital Fan Club weekend.  SIGH. I last went to that event in 2001.

Clawsons weeding out backThe Clawsons came around 5:45 to do the lawn. I had remembered that they were coming earlier in the day, but then I forgot again. I heard our neighbor mowing his lawn and suddenly remembered, so I got dressed and unlocked the back gate for them. They had their work cut out for them because the backyard looked like a jungle. I told them it was fine to cut back two of our trees because their branches were blocking the grass, so it would have made it hard to cut the grass with their mower.  It took them about 2 hours to do everything. It looks great now!

As usual, Brandy was very excited, having people in her yard. I try to keep her from them, so she won't annoy them, but they like her, fortunately. I had the gate up inside to keep her from following me outside, when I went to speak with them, but she managed to get past it somehow! I guess she was SO excited that she just pushed it, even though normally she's afraid of it. Good to know, I guess! It was dark when they left, but they made it and got everything done in time.

We did our evening walk; it was very very humid and warm. I thought it was supposed to rain tonight, but either I read it wrong, or the storm passed us. It's supposed to get really hot this weekend, over 100, and stay there. YUCK! Usually we get so much rain that I'm sick of it, but not this year.

I ran into our neighbor, Chris. I saw his wife and daughter yesterday, out walking their new puppy. Today it was the dad (Chris) out with his daughter and puppy. I had forgotten his name and that he was the guy from that particular house (they live sort of behind the couple that are in our cul-de-sac; they're the first house after ours as you walk out into Azalea on the right.). I hadn't realized that when I was talking to his wife yesterday, either. Duh! Hopefully I can remember now. Their puppy is adorable and today she was a little friendlier to Brandy, so they could touch noses, at least.  She's mostly blue heeler, so she'll get much bigger than Brandy (more like our old dog, Bugs, who was a red heeler).  Anyway, they seem like nice folks. We chatted about my job a little, and afterwards, I realized I was very rude not to ask about his. I will explain, next time I see him, that I'm a geek! Mostly I was just trying to keep Brandy from mauling them (not seriously, she just gets very excited and jumps on everyone and everything if given half the chance). I think the daughter's name is Tinsley, something like that. So far I've only met a few of our neighbors, although there are many that wave or say hi every time we pass. I'm not good at remembering most of their names, anyway! It would be nice to find a nearby friend, though, preferably someone who shares my interests, has a lot of free time or is lonely

After we got back, I got a lot of work done on my site...

I tried to go to bed about 11:30, but first I was very itchy, all over. (This is not unusual for me, unfortunately, due to my allergies and scratching.) I tried the Benadryl cream, and took an allergy pill, but it was still bad. I took a hot shower and that helped a bit. My legs and feet were just really hyper. I'm used to having Restless Leg Syndrome, but this was much worse than that. Even when I got up and sat out in the living room, and watched TV, I had to keep moving my legs up and down to try to get them to relax. Maybe it's from all the walking...I don't know! I didn't get to bed until after 2am. I don't even drink much caffeine!! Just the occasional Diet Pepsi or small piece of chocolate.

  Tuesday 7/17/18

I always leave David a note to set the clock for 7am, but then I turn it off and go back to sleep. Usually I wake up, or Brandy wakes me up. Brandy woke me up about 8:30. I was very tired and didn't want to get up, but I forced myself.Brandy in backyard

Brandy had to check out the newly-mowed and weeded yard...

We did our usual morning walk, and it wasn't too hot or humid out, for a change. We ran into the boy down the street that likes her so much (and she LOVES him!). He's always out there practicing or playing baseball, and he was wearing a baseball shirt, so I asked him about his team. He's part of something called a travel team where a coach picks the best kids from different areas, and I guess they play other teams...? I don't know anything about it, but he seemed to indicate that it was pretty cool. I don't know his age, but I think he's around 10. I'm bad at judging these things.  After we did the rest of our walk, he was riding his bike up the street toward us, so I told him that he got me thinking about baseball. I told him we were from San Diego, so our team was The Padres, and they're not very good. He sadly agreed and then said that his favorite team was the Texas Rangers, although he likes some other players on other teams. He named them, but I don't know the names, so I just madebreakfast salad appropriate noises. I asked him which part of being on the travel team he liked, so he said that it was hitting. He explained that he wasn't very good last year, but he worked with the batting coach, who made him much better. I asked him name because we've had so many chats, so I learned it's Jack.  Nice kid! It was such nice morning weather out there, so he went on riding his bike while we walked home.

I did work on my site and had breakfast. I scrambled some eggs and then added them to a salad. It was pretty good. Later on, I got a really bad headache and sinus pain, so Brandy and I took a nap. I took some Tylenol and I took this when I had sinus pain...Sudafed, so eventually I did feel better. It was pretty bad for awhile, though.  It still hurt a little when I woke up, too, about 2:30pm.  These are rare, thankfully.

I just had snacks for lunch, not very healthy...I did some more work on my site. I cleaned up the house a little, and then I made dinner for David when he came home. I have to do more dishes later on. There's always more!

Brandy and I had our evening walk. It was uneventful. Her harness is a little loose, so David tried to tighten it for me. We'll find out tomorrow morning if he wasBrandy sleeping on my chair, next to me successful!

I just checked my phone, and it said now that it IS supposed to rain tonight! I hope it does.

Brandy often sits on my lap, but today I scooted over and she slept NEXT to me. That was very cute and cozy.

Now I know I'm hungry and need to eat dinner. Even Brandy's dog food smells good! LOL!

our backyardIt was very hot today, and it's supposed to get over 100 this weekend and stay that way for a while.... When I look out at my backyard thermometer, it usually says it's over 100! But that's just back there, I guess, where the sun is shining on it. You can see how nice it looks now from when they cut it.

I was supposed to have two TV actor interviews this week, but one was postponed, and I'm still waiting to hear back on the other one. I might have another one now...we'll see! I'm at the mercy of the PR people and the actors' schedules.

  Wednesday 7/18/18

Brandy sleeping on bed next to meI got up a little bit late. Brandy woke me barking when the doorbell rang. I went out to see who it was, and it was our neighbor. The mail carrier had switched our mail! So weird. Our neighbors have lived there for 30 plus years, and we've lived here for over 2, so how do they get that wrong? Maybe they've got a newbie working the route.

It was nice out because it had been raining, so I went to get ready for our morning walk. Alas, it started pouring rain just before we went out, so we couldn't do the walk. We didn't get much rain, unfortunately, just enough to keep us from walking.

My stomach was upset all day, and I was sick all day from something I ate with gluten.  I didn't get much done today, and I even took a long nap as well.

I had a last-minute interview with a TV actor, for my site, and it went very well. It was for an ABC show, and I don't get many of those, so that was wonderful. I hope I get more!

We had a nice walk in the evening, but it was very hot and humid.

I went to bed about 11. I was so tired!

  Thursday 7/19/18

Even though I had plenty of sleep, I slept in late again. I was tired and just didn't want to get out of bed. It was about 9:30 by the time I got up. Brandy missed her morning walk again!Brandy wanting attention

I was sick again today from whatever I ate. Maybe it was something in my cupboard. Who knows! It's hard to say sometimes. Generally, if I just eat at home, or if I travel in a safe city, then I don't get sick. Sometimes, though, I'll buy something new, and even though it says "gluten free," it isn't.

I got a lot of work done on my site. I had a lot to do. I really need to do some housework, though. I'm lazy, so usually I'd rather sit here and work on my site than anything else...

David came home about 6 for dinner. We went to the Japanese restaurant. I watched him eat sushi. We stopped at the grocery store, Brookshire's, afterwards. I was very disappointed that they didn't have the low carb ice cream bars I like.

I've been dieting pretty well. For breakfast today I had a ham and cheese sandwich, with only one slice of bread, and some fruit. For lunch, I had a great salad. Fornectarine dinner, I had a cheeseburger in a bowl. That is to say, I sautéed some low fat hamburger, with seasonings, bacon bits and cheese. It was pretty good. I had some sugar free vanilla ice cream later on, with my sugar free chocolate sauce.

Facebook reminded me that 5 years ago, we were in Hawaii. This was right before we moved there. We flew out in July to look for a place to live. It was a very happy time. We both had so much hope for the future. I had hoped we would stay there forever. Just a little sad today...Very hot out

It got up to 104 degrees today with 69% humidity. UGH. It was still in the 90's when Brandy and I did our walk at around 8pm.  It's supposed to get up to 105 tomorrow.

I had trouble sleeping again because of itching. Also, I had a little bit of back pain because I spent way too much time working on the computer. I only slept a tiny bit.

  Friday 7/20/18

I got up around 7:15, since I couldn't sleep anyway, and took Brandy out walking. It wasn't too bad yet. You could tell it was going to be a hot one, though. I was half asleep, so it was difficult, especially towards the end. When we got back, I had a sugar free popsicle and then went back to sleep for a few hours.

David and I went to Flying Burger. I watched him eat while I had a soda.

a wren in our sunroomWhen we got back, after awhile, I let Brandy out the back door. Well, there was a little bird there, and it was startled, so it flew in to our sunroom! It took us 15 minutes to get it to fly back out again. It was very tiny and kept flying under the love seat or behind the chair, or it would go BEHIND the door rather than out it. We kept moving the furniture, I tossed bread crumbs around, and I used the broom to try to guide it. Wow, what a pain that was. That room wasn't air conditioned, either, so I was very hot by the time it was done.

It's supposed to get up to 105 at least, today. It's already 100 out. It didn't feel that bad when we were outside, but then again, we have the a/c going in the car as well as in the Flying Burger, so we weren't outside too much. My backyard thermometer is always higher than what the weather app says, too, so it says it's 110. It's so hot that, even with the a/c on, I don't feel like getting up and doing anything. I just cleaned up the mess after the bird, and I had to put the fan on in the living room, on top of the a/c. UGH.Brandy and me, selfie time!

I took a little nap in my chair. I need to stop doing that because it isn't good for my neck.

My right knee has been hurting quite a lot the past couple of days. I probably did something to it while I was out walking Brandy. I hope it gets better. I don't need any more physical problems!

Doctor WhoI went to look at my DVR and was pleasantly surprised to find a new episode of "Doctor Who!" However, it wasn't exactly new. It was an old episode that was missing parts, so they had put in animation and had the actors add new voices to the characters. Very interesting! You can tell it was the 70's because the villain's outfit was very disco-like.

We went out for our evening walk. It was miserably hot and humid as usual. I ran into the family with the cute little puppy again. Turns out that Chris sells insurance.  We had a nice chat, but I had to cut it short because I was just dying there, with sweat pouring off my face.

I had a salad for dinner. I ran out of my spicy pumpkin seeds, so I chopped upzucchini pistachios and almonds in the food processor, for my salad.

Later on, I tried a package of frozen spiral-cut zucchini. It was OK, but I like the fresh  kind way better. You can just slice it very thin and get the same taste. No need to have a fancy spiralizer and try to pretend it's spaghetti! It doesn't taste ANYTHING like spaghetti, but it's great when you fry it up in olive oil and add in garlic and parmesan.

Brandy freaked out by the ceilingI just had to post this picture on the left...Brandy gets a little freaked out from the ceiling fan sometimes.

I need to get off the computer and rest my poor shoulder/neck, and do the dishes. I've been very lazy this week! I didn't do the dishes as it turns out... I was in a lot of pain tonight from my shoulder, and also my knee. I took a lot of medication and used Ben Gay. Eventually, I went to sleep. It was difficult. This is the worst it's been since I had that injection. For the most part, it's much better. I just overdid it.

  Saturday 7/21/18

I woke up around 7:30. My neck isn't hurting as much today, but I'm going to take it easy. I don't want it to hurt again!

It was already way too hot when we went to walk. Yuck. Usually it's a little cool, but it wasn't at all. I ran into the neighbor guy, Chris, again, and his daughter Tinley, and Greek saladtheir little puppy Kona. There was another woman out walking as well, that I don't think I've seen before. She had a baby in one of those front carriers, and 2 huge dogs on leashes. It seemed like she barely had control of them, but they were friendly. They barked at us but didn't mind touching noses with Brandy or being pet.

After we got back, I had a sugar free Popsicle. Then I went back to sleep for a while.peach gelato - yum!

I woke up around 10:15. David came home around 11, and we went to JavaPrimo for lunch. I had their usual Greek chicken salad, and some peach gelato. It was delicious. It's a huge salad, so I can eat the other half for dinner later on. Hopefully I won't get sick this weekend. At least, if I do, I know it's from eating there.

I was tired and tried to nap in my chair, but it didn't work. I'm tired, but not tired enough, apparently!

I just realized that we're leaving on our trip in 4 days! Darn, I'm not ready...looking forward to it, though.

Just a little bit over a month until school starts again at SAU. I only have 2 classes this semester, and they're both Tuesday and Thursday. This should make Brandy very happy because I will be home the other days. Trisha says she can still take me, so that's awesome. Even if I have to go in with David, it will be fine because I'm getting up so early now. Plus, my first class is at 9:30, so that's not very long to wait. I have a lunch break, thankfully, between 11am and 12:40 when my next class starts. Then I'll be done by 2. David usually takes me home. No voice lessons this year... Brandy outsidethey couldn't find a new one to replace the one that quit last year, and the music majors get first crack at the few teachers they have.

Part of me is wishing I had more summer time, and part of me is glad that school is starting up again. I enjoy going there, seeing people, and learning. I've only got 2 more years of classes before I graduate! That will go by very fast.

I'm already thinking of Christmas....Monday I want to see if there's a photo studio in town, so we can schedule our photo to be taken for our Christmas cards.  We mightnew mastercard wait until September to get the pics done, to give me a little more time to lose some weight.

Speaking of cards...I got my new MasterCard in the mail....they put all the info on the back now.

  Sunday 7/21/18

I didn't sleep well again last night. I got up about 6:30am. Brandy and I went for our walk, and then we went back to sleep for a while.

I had a delicious bacon cheeseburger with grilled onions, open-faced, for lunch.

row of SAU Tee ShirtsI went with David to lunch at KFC (I just had a soda), and then we went to Wal-mart for our weekly shopping. I like this kale salad kit they have there. It's really yummy. I had it later for dinner. When you walk in the door, there's a whole row of SAU T-shirts to buy!

So far, I haven't gotten sick since I ate at JavaPrimo, so that's great! I will know for sure by Tuesday or Wednesday. It seems to take me a few days before I get sick.

Later on, I had another phone chat with Brenda, my site's volunteer.

While I was working on my site, and listening to music, I got the idea to write up this meme. That was fun!lady bug wind chimes

I got a reminder in my email that I still had to send karaokescene.com my latest karaoke article. I didn't know what to write about, and then I forgot! So I quickly wrote up an article and sent it. I came up with some more ideas for future articles, so we'll see if I can remember them and iron out the details.

I had bought this lady bug wind chime ages ago and never got around to berries and whipped creamputting it up. I finally did, as well as filling the bird feeders.

I had some delicious berries and whipped cream after dinner...I love the fresh fruit this time of year.

I spent a lot of time working on my site, and I also did the dishes and laundry.  It was a very long but productive day. I stayed up until about 1am.

I disabled the comments because of spam, but please do Contact me if you have a comment about the blog!

This page updated 8/5/18

[an error occurred while processing this directive] Save the Internet: Click here

Home 1/1/18 Chronicles 1/8/18 Chronicles 1/15/18 Chronicles 1/22/18 Chronicles 1/29/18 Chronicles 2/5/18 Chronicles 2/12/18 Chronicles 2/19/18 Chronicles 2/26/18 Chronicles 3/5/18 Chronicles 3/12/18 Chronicles 3/19/18 Chronicles 3/26/18 Chronicles 4/2/18 Chronicles 4/9/18 Chronicles 4/16/18 Chronicles 7/2/18 Chronicles 7/9/18 Chronicles 7/16/18 Chronicles 7/23/18 Chronicles 7/30/18 Chronicles 8/6/18 Chronicles 4/23/18 Chronicles 4/30/18 Chronicles 5/7/18 Chronicles 5/14/18 Chronicles 5/21/18 Chronicles 5/28/18 Chronicles 6/4/18 Chronicles 6/11/18 Chronicles 6/18/18 Chronicles 6/25/18 Chronicles 8/13/18 Chronicles - suzann.com 8/20/18 Chronicles 8/27/18 Chronicles 9/3/18 Chronicles - suzann.com 9/10/18 Chronicles 9/17/18 Chronicles 9/24/18 Chronicles - suzann.com 10/22/18 Chronicles 10/29/18 Chronicles 11/5/18 Chronicles 11/12/18 Chronicles 11/19/18 Chronicles 11/26/18 Chronicles 12/3/18 Chronicles 12/10/18 Chronicles 12/17/18 Chronicles 12/24/18 Chronicles 12/31/18 Chronicles