9/25/17 Chronicles

Me 2017

Friends' blogs


Latest Post - This Week

  Monday 9/18/17

plumeria treePeter is visiting us this week. It's just a short visit. He arrived last night and will be leaving Tuesday morning. Too short!

I stayed up too late last night, so I'm very tired. I just have too much work to do all the time now! I have a photography assignment due tomorrow; a test in one class on Wednesday; and a paper on another class on Friday. UGH.

I went in at 10 as usual for my classes. David picked up Peter for lunch. I was very tired and having a hard time staying awake in my classes. After I had lunch, David took us both home. After settling in, Peter posed for me so I could take many photos of him with my DSLR for my class portrait project.

When we went outside to take photos, I noticed that my plumeria plant has grown leaves again! It looks great. Yay! Replanting it outside was a success.Peter

We all had dinner at Flying Burger. We were going to the Japanese restaurant, but it turns out that they're closed on Mondays. Same with the BBQ place. We enjoyed the food, though. It's always good there at Flying Burger.

We sat around with Peter and had a good night. Brandy and I went on our walk as usual. A woman stopped with her car and asked me for directions. Poor fool! :)

Brandy has been more hyper than usual because of Peter being here. She jumps up on him a lot. We've been spraying her with the bitter cherry and bitter apple spray to get her to stay down. I have her on this chain leash that slows her down somewhat as well.

We used up the last of the butterscotch ice cream, so I made some coffee ice cream for later. I did the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen a bit as well. Also, I finally took our new toaster out of its coffee ice creambox and set it up (see pic below).

After I looked at all of the photos of Peter I had taken, I had to choose four that I liked best and then turn two to black and white. Then  it occurred to me that perhaps I had forgotten to put it on manual mode most of the time. So I looked at my photos' metadata (Exif) and I found that most of the good pics were taken on auto, aperture priority mode or shutter speed priority mode. The ones that I had taken in manual mode were almost all blurry. I was very annoyed. It was too late to re-take the photos. I found some pics to turn in, but one was kind of blurry. I'm still learning how to use the camera.Peter  It's been very frustrating because there's just so much to learn.

I think that with any photo class, everyone should have the same camera, and you should learn in class how to use the camera for the first week or two. It's too hard to learn on one's own. The manual that comes with it is not too helpful. Mine only talks about the auto modes. Now, the professor did say that we could come to him for help, but if you're completely in the dark and don't even know what you don't know, how can you ask for help?

I went to bed pretty early, but then I woke up again and couldn't get back to sleep, so I stayed up pretty late.

  Tuesday 9/19

Larry's PizzaI woke up about 9:30. Usually Christina takes me in about noon, but I'm having lunch with David and Peter, so they're picking me up around 11, or whenever Peter is done with his meeting.

We went to Larry's Pizza for lunch. I didn't think it was as good as usual, but it may be that I wasn't as hungry as usual, since I did have breakfast. Peter went back to our house, so I gave him my keys and the leftover pizza to put in the fridge.

I went to my class. We turned in our assignments. I had fun chatting with my nearby classmates before class. After class, I told the professor how I had messed up the assignment. Turns out, it was even worse than I thought. I was focusing wrong as well as doing the manual settings all wrong. He showed me how to do it. I hope I can remember what he told me!  I should have written it down. We have a new assignment for next Tuesday. This time we have to take a self portrait.
I met Peter over at the coffee shop where I got a soda. He went into the bookstore briefly, and then he took me home in his rental car.

I was very tired when we came home, so I took a nap. David came home around 5 and they went to some dinner and talk at SAU. I woke up a little while later and worked on my site. Then I started studying for a test tomorrow.

It's been nice chatting with Peter. He was very complimentary about the way I've put together the house. That's always nice to hear!

After they got home, we had the ice cream and sat around, chatting etc. I stayed up pretty late again. Then my back was really hurting, so I had to take Aleve and a muscle relaxer.

  Wednesday 9/20

I got up at 8 to lock the front door, since Peter left around that time and couldn't lock it. I'm sure it would have been fine if I hadn't locked it, but I'm a paranoid city girl :) I went back to sleep for a while and then woke up around 8:45. I did more studying as well as my usual morning routine.

I went to school as usual...I had more time to study. The test wasn't too hard. I think I did okay. I had plenty of time to write, but I had to use the restroom, so I rushed through the last question.  I got my term paper back from the first class. I did well.

I had lunch at Chick-Fil-A as usual, and then I went to find an advisor for my classes. The woman I was talking to last semester never answered my questions, and then she left for another job. I've emailed and phoned, but no one ever gets back to me. I couldn't find any listing in the Nelson building for advising, so I asked the clerk at the Registrar's office. She sent me over to Overstreet, but apparently the advising office there is not what I need. They sent me back to a nice woman named Amy in Nelson. I set up an appointment with her for tomorrow. I was pretty hot and tired by that time. It's still really hot and humid. I hope it breaks soon. It's supposed to rain this weekend.

David took me home and then I had a nap. I had pain in my back/arm/shoulder/neck again and had to take another muscle relaxer. I probably spent too much time on the computer, but it might also be from carrying the heavy laptop around.

BrandyI did a little work after I woke up, but I've mostly been taking it easy. I went over the classes I need to take and when I might take them, to prepare for that meeting tomorrow. I did a little work on my site.

I'm going to try to go to bed relatively early tonight, but we'll see.

I still have a lot to do. I have to write a paper for this weekend; I have to do laundry and dishes; I have many things I should do on my site and I should be doing my voice lessons exercises as well as training the dog.

I went to bed fairly early. I was coughing a bit, so it took me awhile. I had to take another muscle relaxer, too, because of back pain.

  Thursday 9/21

I got up around 9am. I was having a tough time staying awake all day. I'm not really sure why because I got a lot of sleep. I guess it's just all the stress and everything.

In my photography class, he put up some of our photos from our last assignment and we talked about them. Mine was towards the end, so I felt like my comments were a little rushed, but it's OK. I didn't get a good grade on either of the two assignments so far (both C's).  Hopefully I can do better in the future. It's just lack of time that's doing it. I really shouldn't have taken 4 classes this semester instead of 3 like last time. I just feel pulled apart every day.

So far I'm getting a C in the photography class, just based on the two assignments we've turned in. Well, that doesn't count the one written assignment we had. I think I did OK on that one.

Instead of getting lunch, I went to the coffee place in Reynolds and got a coffee. I don't drink that too often; in fact, I've really cut back on caffeine, but I needed it today.  At least the weather was nice today. It wasn't super hot or humid like yesterday. It didn't get into the 90's.

I met with Amy over at Nelson to talk about my classes. I'm very happy because I don't have to take World Lit II (they counted my British Literature course for that), and I don't have to take another English course, either.  They counted my language courses enough for that particular group of required courses, so that's great.  And that means that next semester, I only have to take 3 courses again, not four. milkshake at Chick-Fil-A

The only possible glitch is that the catalog requires 120 hours in the major. So she's going to ask about that, since I already have a BA.  It may be that my previous courses can be counted toward that. At the very least, hopefully my voice classes and the other marketing class I want to take will count. If not, then I'll have to add more Mass Media courses, which I really don't want to do. I will be short quite a few credits otherwise. It seems to me that if they're going to count my past classes for the requirements, they should then count towards the credit hours...but we'll see!

It's funny because I hadn't realized that Amy's husband is the new piano accompanist in the music department! He will be playing for me; I just met him the other day. I said, how funny, I've met your husband, and you've met mine!  She seems very nice.

After that, David gave me a ride home. I was very tired and took a long nap. I woke up several times, though. First I woke up about an hour into it, very disoriented. I didn't know what day it was, or what time. I looked at the clock and wasn't sure if I had missed my class!  Then I went back to sleep...woke up again, coughing. UGH. I finally got back to sleep and slept another hour. I really needed sleep, obviously. But now I know I'll be up late and have a hard time tomorrow. :(

David brought home Burger King for dinner. I got up too late, so I forgot to walk Brandy until it was getting dark.  Poor little pup! She was very hyper for a while.  She's getting used to that chain leash more, which isn't good. I hope she can still realize that she should go to sleep when it's on at night.

BrandyI had ordered a crate but decided to send it back, since the leash was working so well. I was supposed to put it outside today so that UPS could pick it up, but I totally forgot. I put it out later. Hopefully they will get it tomorrow or the next day. I have my shoes out there, too. I've sent these shoes back like 5 times now. Hopefully the new ones will finally fit! If not, I give up.

I'm doing the laundry and must also do the dishes tonight because we're going to Texarkana tomorrow and spending the night. I have to see a movie for a paper in one of my classes, so we're going to see this new Reese Witherspoon movie "Home Again." Neither of us really wants to see it, but it's the only one playing that we could both agree on. He's very picky ;) I just wish we could have gone to see the new Bladerunner sequel, but it's not out yet, and I wouldn't have enough time to see it before my paper is due. There really isn't anything playing that I'm dying to see, right now. I wouldn't have minded seeing the Dark Tower, Kingsman 2 or American Assassin, but I can wait until they're on DVD.

I also have to finish watching the Emmys tonight because I'm supposed to write an article about it for the student paper. Normally I would have already written it, but things have been hectic! I have two articles now on their site, but there's some kind of technical glitch that's preventing them from being viewed at the moment. I hope they can fix it! What good is my writing articlesshrimp salad if no one sees them? LOL!

I stayed up until about 3:30am. Too late again! Because I had such a long nap earlier.

  Friday 9/22

I woke up at 8:20am with a terrible stomach ache. It's from my usual problem. Gas X helped, but then I was sick for a while.

I'm in my class. I'm so tired! When I get home, I have to do the dishes and pack. I was going to have coffee, but since my stomach was upset, I figured I'd better not.

I wrote another article for The Bray, this one about the Primetime Emmys.

Pink PassionAfter David took me home, I did the dishes and packed, and got ready for our short trip. Since I have to watch a movie for a paper in one of my classes, we decided to make a short weekend trip of it. We're going to Texarkana and spending the night. It's an hour away.  We stay usually at either the Wyndham Gardens or the Rodeway Inn. Both are pretty cheap.

We were going to go to the movie tonight, but by the time we left and drove there, we were both tired and hungry, so we decided to go tomorrow instead.  We just had dinner at the restaurant next door. I had a drink called a Pink Passion, which was yummy. My neck was really hurting me today, so that helped. I had a yummy spinach salad, too, with shrimp, bacon and tomatoes.  Then I went to bed super early, around 9.  I was exhausted because I'd only had about 4 hours' sleep the night before.

  Saturday 9/23

I slept until 10, so clearly I did need the sleep! The bed there is not all that comfortable, either (nor are the pillows).  The room was hot and the a/c is too cold, so that also did wake me up a few times.

I worked a little on my camera, figuring out the settings some more.  We went over to Denny's for breakfast. I love their gluten free English muffins, and the eggs, sausage and hash browns.  Then we went back and packed up all of our stuff, and we checked out of the motel.  Wecar wash drove over first to get the car washed because it really needed it. It had lots of bird poop and dead insects all over it!  Then we drove over to the movie theater. We had some time to kill before the movie, so we went first to the Central Mall, which is across the street from the Cinemark 14 movie theater.  It looks to be quite a dying mall. That's a shame.  Here it was Saturday afternoon and the place was almost empty. It had plenty of stores...the usual ones you find in a mall. We just walked around. I didn't see a lot of business cards, either.  I was feeling sick again, so I also did visit the restrooms in Dillard's and J.C. Penney's.  Thankfully, I didn't get sick during the movie.

We then went over to the movie. We saw "Home Again," starring Reese Witherspoon. It was the only one we could both agree on it. He's pretty picky and not much of a movie lover. He doesn't like the ones that I like most, like scifi/fantasy/superhero movies.  I'm not very picky and will see almost anything. I prefer to avoid horror movies or anything that's too violent or gross, but if he'd said, "Let's go see 'It'," then I probably would have gone.  There wasn't anything out that I'm dying to see, either, or I might have pressed the issue.  It was a fine little comedy.  It made us chuckle, here and there.  It just wasn't very believable.


Home again>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A newly-separated woman with two little girls, moves to L.A. from New York. She goes out to party with her friends for her 40th birthday, gets really drunk, and brings home three strange men in their 20's, who have just moved there from upstate New York to make their movie. She has a fling with one of the guys.  She never learns anything much about their background or anything...they could be child molesters, rapists, thieves, or murderers for all she knows!  The other unrealistic part was that this 27-year-old gorgeous guy, who clearly does well with girls already (not some shy dorky guy), falls for a 40-year-old woman.  Sure, Reese Witherspoon is pretty, but she's not as pretty as she was 20 years ago.  She always plays the girl next door, too, not the voluptuous beauty, so this is all very far-fetched.  Then, at the end, she neither ends up with any of those guys OR goes back to her husband. In fact, she divorces her husband, yet they are all friendly and congenial at the end, and she's happy. Not exactly your typical rom-com ending.  Hey, I'm all for women just being happy and not needing a man, but the ending kind of came out of nowhere.  It did set things up for a sequel, but I doubt the movie is successful enough for that. It would also make a good TV sitcom. I guess it's like if you took The New Girl and added a couple of kids and an ex-husband, and aged her 15 years.

We drove back to Magnolia after that, stopping briefly at Brookshire's for a few things. Once we got home, I just worked on my site and did various things...later on, I wrote my paper for my PR class.  We went to dinner at Tokyo, which we should never go to because I always get sick from eating there. They have almost nothing I can eat. I just wanted to get out, and have dinner, relax. I wasn't really thinking about it.

I've been eating way too much food and too many sweets still. I need to cut that out, for sure. I know, I keep saying that!

I watched a few new shows last night, to catch up. I have a ton of reviews I need to write.

I got my article published! It's actually my third, but they're having some sort of technical problems with the website, so the first two aren't showing up.

I went to bed about 2:30.  My allergies have been pretty bad....

  Sunday 9/24

It was nice to sleep in my own bed again. I woke up around 11 (too late!). We went to lunch at El Compadre, then to get some groceries at Wal-Mart (both as usual). We got a tophoto of men of groceries last week, so we didn't have too much to get.

I was sick a little, so I'm putting stuff off like I always do. I need to work on my self-portrait assignment. First I have to charge my camera battery. Then I'll need to take a shower. Then dry my hair and put on make-up. Right now I'm just waiting to feel a little better and more awake.

I'm very annoyed because I updated this page a lot and saved it, and somehow now it's gone. Grrrr!

I worked for a few hours taking photos, all over the house, changing clothes and hairstyles. I'm not crazy about the photos. You can see some of them on this page, like at the top left and here on the right. 

At least I did learn some things, like how to use the timer on my camera, and using the zoom, and I used the tripod finally.

I'm kind of sweaty in some of the photos because I was wearing way more clothes than I normally do, and it was very hot today, and I was running around, back and forth with the camera. According to my phone, it was 100 today.

I had a disagreement with someone online, and I'm very annoyed by it. I can't say more...

I was very exhausted, but I still ended up going to bed too late. Story of my life!

I disabled the comments because of spam, but please do Contact me if you have a comment about the blog!

This page updated 9/27/17

[an error occurred while processing this directive] Save the Internet: Click here

Home 1/2/17 Chronicles 1/16/17 Chronicles 1/9/17 Chronicles 1/23/17 Chronicles 1/30/17 Chronicles 2/6/17 Chronicles 213/17 Chronicles 2/20/17 Chronicles 3/6/17 Chronicles 3/13/17 Chronicles 3/20/17 Chronicles 3/27/17 Chronicles 4/3/17 Chronicles 4/10/17 Chronicles 4/17/17 Chronicles 4/24/17 Chronicles 5/1/17 Chronicles 5/8/17 Chronicles 5/15/17 Chronicles 5/22/17 Chronicles 5/29/17 Chronicles 6/5/17 Chronicles 6/12/17 Chronicles 6/19/17 Chronicles 7/3/17 Chronicles 7/10/17 Chronicles 7/17/17 Chronicles 7/24/17 Chronicles 7/31/17 Chronicles 8/7/17 Chronicles 8/14/17 Chronicles 8/21/17 Chronicles 8/28/17 Chronicles 9/4/17 Chronicles 9/11/17 Chronicles 9/18/17 Chronicles 9/25/17 Chronicles 10/2/17 Chronicles 10/22/17 Chronicles 12/25/17 Chronicles 10/1/18 Chronicles 10/8/18 Chronicles 10/15/18 Chronicles