5/6/19 Chronicles

Friends' blogs


Latest Post - This Week

  Monday 4/29/19

I stayed up way too late last night, working on my last blog post for my Media Criticism class. I got up around 11 and had breakfast. I warmed up my voice, and then I shut Brandy up in the bedroom (as I always do). David came to get me about 1:30. I went to Reynolds to get my soda, and then over to Brinson. I went to Michael's office. He's the accompanist at SAU. He's also a voice teacher (and I think piano) teacher. His wife, Amy, works in the advising center and also teaches voice.

My voice teacher showed up, so that was nice of him. He didn't have to.  I just sang my songs from this semester and recorded them on my phone. I haven't had the courage to listen to them yet, though.  We were only there about 15 minutes.

David took me home after that. It was a humid day, but otherwise nice weather.

I took Brandy out for her walk around 2:30. It was a beautiful Spring day.

My right knee started bothering me before my lesson, and it got worse. I was in a lot of pain all day. I took enough Aleve and muscle relaxers that it finally felt better. I went back to bed for a while and elevated my knee, to see if that would help.  It wasn't swollen at all, from what I could tell. I think it was just bursitis, but it's possible it was just from all the walking I did yesterday. I took a hot shower and that helped, too.

I spent a bit of time working on my site. Then later, I finished up my last blog post for my Media Criticism class. It was a wild card project, so we could choose anything to review or critique.  Originally, I was going to talk about how the internet has changed how we interact with people, particularly in other countries. That sounded boring, though. Then I was going to maybe review all of the superhero shows. Then my professor said something in class about how we should choose something that was controversial or very current. I decided to compare all of the 2020 Democratic presidential candidates. It was interesting project, and it made me learn about all of the candidates. It was a lot of work, though.

I had a grilled turkey and cheese on GF bread for lunch.

David came by around 6, and we went out to El Compadre. I didn't eat anything; just had a soda.

Later, I cleaned up the kitchen a little bit and ran the dishwasher. I put the flowers I bought yesterday into their vases.

Then I made cookies for my class. This class has about 15 people in it, so it's larger. I made the same kind of chocolate chip cookies (I use the Tollhouse recipe but also put white chocolate chips in it). I also made some more GF, low carb cookies. It's this recipe with the cashew butter. They're pretty yummy.

I stayed up a bit too late, though.

  Tuesday 4/30/19

I got to sleep in a little bit, so that was great. It was needed!

David picked me up about noon. I brought in the cookies and also packed him a lunch. As usual, I went to Reynolds first and got my soda. I hugged Touia, since I won't see her again until the Fall! Then I went to my class.

I was surprised that our class was locked, because it usually isn't. I was disappointed because I usually like to put out the cookies so that people can take some as they walk in.  I had some time to chat with people out in the hall. It was nice to chat with Kobe, who's graduating this year. I will miss him. He's such a nice kid, and smart, too. He has a very bright future. He's from Las Vegas.

Eventually, our professor arrived and let us into the class. No test today -- we just had to go over our blog posts. Two different students asked me if we had a test today! Something they should have already known, I think? LOL!

As always, people loved the cookies. There's always leftovers, of course.  The professor also gives out treats. He usually gives out chocolate, but this week he was giving out the Biscoff cookies.  He brought me some Schär Chocolix, which are like Twix, but GF. So nice of him! They're delicious. Apparently the Wal-Mart in Camden is much bigger and has a better selection of everything, including GF foods. We'll have to check that out of these days.

It was a fun class. I will miss these students (especially the ones that are graduating). After class, I went over to Reynolds and ran into one of the graduating seniors, Desmion, who was at the coffee place. I chatted with him about graduation. He's taking 22 credits! Wow!! That's amazing. I can't even imagine.

I had extra cookies, so I took them down to David's office and left them there for anyone who wanted them. I ran into David, who was getting out of his meeting early.

Trisha picked me about 3:15. I had forgotten to go to the ATM, so we stopped at a bank to use their ATM, so I could pay her.  Then she took me home. We chatted a bit about the flowers and other stuff. I gave some of the cookies to her, to take home to her husband because he likes sweets.

I was very tired, and it was too hot out to walk Brandy. It was in the low 80's today.

I took a little nap, but then David phoned me about going out to dinner. I got dressed and then he picked me up around 6.  We went to Java Primo for dinner. I was very hungry because I hadn't eaten much. I ordered their pork chop, and some potato side dish.  It took a long time, but it was really good. I don't know why it was so slow today; it wasn't crowded at all. Oh, it came with a fruit plate, too.

I walked Brandy after that. It was much nicer. I ran into the fireman's family. They had all just gotten home from somewhere. His wife asked about the dog on Sunday, so I filled her in on what happened.

I just caught up on some work on my site and watched TV. I stayed up longer than I should have. I had to get the house ready for Yolanda tomorrow. I put away the old laundry and moved the new laundry to the laundry room. I straightened everything up and put away all the knick-knacks, plants etc. just like I always do.

I had a hot dog sandwich later on. That is, I sliced the hot dogs so they would not roll off the bread. Very yummy.

I got a new vacuum cleaner quite a while ago, but it's been sitting in our dining room. I had David take it out of the box, since it was too heavy for me. He left the vacuum cleaner in the dining room, and it had bubble wrap all over part of it, so when I went in there, Brandy had chewed up a lot of bubble wrap. Silly dog!

This vine keeps growing into my kitchen window. We've cut it back a few times before. I got tired of that, so I've been looping it into the little hooks that run across the top of the window (normally used for Christmas lights), to make the vine more decorative. I'll probably cut it when it reaches down a little further.  Just one of the many joys of living in the woods!

Yesterday my right knee was hurting...today it was my left knee! Jeez.  Not quite as bad, though.

I stayed up until about 3am. Too late!

  Wednesday 5/1/19

Happy May Day!

I woke up at 8am and took a shower. I hurried around to get the last-minute things put away before Yolanda came. She was supposed to come at 8:30 but came after 9am, so I had plenty of time to do that and also eat breakfast. I kept Brandy in the bedroom to make things easier.

After Yolanda arrived, I took Brandy out for her walk. It was a bit hot and humid. Later on, it rained a little.

I went back to sleep for a few hours. I tried putting Brandy outside, but she just barked incessantly, so I bought her back in and put her back in the bedroom. When Yolanda was ready to go in there to clean, I moved Brandy out to the living room and keep her tethered to me on her leash. I was too tired to do much work and kind of dozed a little. Yolanda left around 3pm.

Brandy and I went into the bedroom and had a little nap after that.

Looks like we're going to San Diego for our annual trip May 15-22. No Vegas this time around, which is too bad. 

I walked Brandy again in the evening, before sundown. It was very nice out. Much cooler. We ran into the kids down the street. They always like to pet Brandy.

I did laundry literally all day. I ran the dishwasher again, too. It's still leaking. Now it just leaks AFTER it's done running, for some reason. I'm going to have to call Dyson about coming back to fix it.

The evening was not very exciting. I put back some of the stuff I had moved out of Yolanda's way, like the plants and a few other things. I was just really tired. I should have gone to bed early, like about 11, but I stayed up, watching TV, until around 2 or 3.

  Thursday 5/2/19

I woke up at 8 to walk Brandy, but it was raining, so I went back to bed. I didn't get up until noon! Yikes. Well, I need the sleep.  Unfortunately, I started getting sick from something I ate with gluten in it...perhaps from Java Primo, or the Japanese buffet we went to. Who knows!!??!  It was bad.

I finally walked Brandy around 3pm.

I've just been watching TV and not doing much that's useful!

For breakfast I had a half grilled turkey and cheese sandwich, and my last GF chocolate chip cookie that I made a while back.  After our walk, I had a low carb ice cream bar. Later, I had a salad with tuna for lunch, and a piece of the caffeinated dark chocolate. for dinner, I just had some turkey sticks.

I forced myself to get up and do some housework. I put the laundry away! Yay. Small victories. I'm slowly putting all our stuff back. I've been watching TV and resting in between. Being so sick really knocks me out and saps my energy. Even though I've had enough sleep! It sucks.

David has a late night tonight because of some SAU dinner. He may not be home until 9pm.

Brandy and I went out for a second, short walk around 7:40.  I tried to walk fast, and we didn't go to all the places we normally do, so we would be home by dark. I didn't want to do battle with any cars at night! :)

He came home around 9:15. He went to bed pretty early. I stayed up quite late.

It's supposed to rain some more tonight around 11. I hope so, my flowers need it.

  Friday 5/3/19

I didn't wake up until 1pm.  Then I was sick again (not as bad as yesterday, though). I took Brandy for a walk as soon as I was feeling well enough, about 1:45. It was pretty nice out, not too hot.

For breakfast I just had peanut butter on one slice of GF bread, and lettuce with mayo and dill pickles (I know, it sounds disgusting, but it's really good). 

It rained a little in the afternoon. Then it was fine....then it rained a lot later in the evening.

I had to get another cover for one of our recliners in our sectional. It's starting to tear pretty badly. This is the one David sits on most. I got that today and put it on.

I've just been working on my site and watching TV. David got home around 6 from graduation, I think. He was very tired and went to bed around 10.

I made us dinner. I just fried up the last of the bacon. I had mine on lettuce.

Poor Brandy has been suffering from allergies. She keeps scratching and biting even though I give her Benadryl 3 times a day. I hope she doesn't get worse.


I disabled the comments because of spam, but please do Contact me if you have a comment about the blog!

This page updated 5/2/19

Please donate via Paypal.


eXTReMe Tracker
 Save the Internet: Click here

Home Older Chronicles 1/7/19 Chronicles 1/14/19 Chronicles 1/21/19 Chronicles 1/28/19 Chronicles 2/4/19 Chronicles 2/11/19 Chronicles 2/18/19 Chronicles 2/25/19 Chronicles 3/4/19 Chronicles 3/11/19 Chronicles 3/18/19 Chronicles 3/25/19 Chronicles 4/1/19 Chronicles 4/8/19 Chronicles 4/15/19 Chronicles 4/22/19 Chronicles 4/29/19 Chronicles 5/6/19 Chronicles 5/13/19 Chronicles 5/20/19 Chronicles 5/27/19 Chronicles 6/3/19 Chronicles 6/10/19 Chronicles 6/17/19 Chronicles 6/24/19 Chronicles 7/1/19 Chronicles 7/8/19 Chronicles 7/15/19 Chronicles 7/22/19 Chronicles