I made this today...it is from about.com
It is not low fat!
I didn't use the erithrytol. The comments are not mine until you get to the icing part.
Sugar Free Chocolate Pecan Torte
By Laura Dolson, About.com
Updated: April 06, 2009
One of the best things about this flourless chocolate cake is how easy it is: You mix it all in the food processor in about 5 minutes. I get requests every year to bring "that yummy chocolate cake" to Passover Seder: I just leave out the baking powder and it only makes a small difference. I used to make it with sugar, but no one really noticed when I switched. It's especially nice with some homemade whipped cream and a little sugar-free chocolate sauce on top!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
* 2 cups pecans
* 1/3 cup cocoa
* 1 t baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 4 eggs
* 1/2 cup (I stick) butter, melted
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/4 cup erythritol (optional)
* Artificial sweetener equivalent to 1 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup water
Heat oven to 350 F. Grease a 8 or 9" round pan or springform pan.
1) Process pecans in food processor - pulse until they are meal - but they won't get quite as small as corn meal.
2) Add the rest of the dry ingredients and pulse again. (Note on erythritol: You can do this recipe with all artificial sweetener, but I've begun experimenting with partial erythritol, with success. I haven't tested all different combinations yet, though - it may be that more erythritol is even better.)
3) Add the wet ingredients and process until well-blended.
4) Pour into pan and bake. The exact time will vary with the pan. Start checking at about 25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5) Cut when cool. If desired, serve with homemade whipped cream and/or chocolate sauce.
Nutritional Information: Each of 8 servings has 2 grams of effective carbohydrate plus 4 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein, and 334 calories.
I made this icing from cdkitchen.com
I used half-sugar and half-splenda, and I used fat-free milk instead of regular. It came out more like sauce than icing, but delicious.
Chocolate Chip Icing Recipe
Submitted by: Lana
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup milk
6 ounces choc. chips
Combine all ingredients except chocolate in saucepan over medium high heat. Stir constantly until melted. Bring to a boil for 1 minute, still stirring. Remove from heat. Add in chips and stir until completely melted. Spread on cooled cake.
It does not give nutritional info, but that wouldn't have helped much anyway since it was not a low-carb icing to begin with.
Gluten free and low carb cake
Back to Recipes page