Chicken Cutlets Parmesan
I used buckwheat flour instead of regular, and gluten-free bread crumbs, and milk instead of egg.
Also, I added some red pepper to spice it up a bit.
It is probably not low carb unless you use low carb bread crumbs.
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 Cup flour
1 Cup dry unflavored bread crumbs
1/2 Cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
6 tsp. chopped fresh oregano, or 2 tsp. dried
1/3 Cup olive oil
salt and fresh ground black papper
1. Using sharp knife, remove and discard any excess fat and gristle from chicken breast. Cut away tendon from fillet. Place 1 breast half, smooth side down, on sheet of waxed paper. Top with another sheet of waxed paper. Pound cutlet until it is about 1/8 inch thick. Discard waxed paper. Repeat process with the remaining breast halves.
2. Dust pounded cutlets with flour on clean sheet of waxed paper; shake off any excess.
3. Place eggs in bowl and beat. Place bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and oregano in another bowl and stir together.
4. Dip each cutlet first in egg and then in crumb mixture. Set cutlets aside on wire rack until ready to cook.
5. Heat oil in skillet over moderately high heat until almost smoking. Place 2 cutlets in skillet and fry until crisp and golden brown. Turn over with tongs and fry on other side about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels and fry remaining cutlets in same manner. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
This is from the book "Great Meals in Minutes" from Time/Life books. We got it as a gift in the 80's. I made this chicken many times back then, before I knew I was allergic to flour. It is always a hit.
low carb and gluten free if you don't use regular flour.
Back to Recipes page
Please donate via Paypal.